Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Thesis Blog #1

From time to time, I want to take advantage of our writing assignments to start the blog I want to use on my thesis project. For my thesis, I am producing a documentary which right now has the tentative title of Oy Vey: Why being Jewish is Funny ? My goal is to produce a linear version of the documentary and then turn it non-linear via either Flash or an HTML based web site.

My vision of this project is to produce a series of vignettes tied together by my blog on a web cam. I am planning on talking with an old vaudevillian performer, a couple of contemporary comedians, a motivational speaker who talks about laughter therapy, a Yeshiva high school class, senior citizens at an Assisted Living residence in New Haven, and a celebrity comic (TBA).

The logistics to piece together all these shoots is daunting, but, I think its the type of challenge I can handle. I think my biggest need is going to be for camera crew help because I envision each vignette to require two cameras. I also have a Flip Camera which I could use as a stationary third camera on most shoots.

In the Fall, I am taking a class in learning After Effects and hope that combining that skill with what I already learned in using Final Cut Pro, I will be able to create a graphic look and edit style to the project. I haven't even begun to think about music, that will be the last step.

I hope this will be a good forum to give you guys updates on what I am doing and please feel free to give me feedback and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment