Monday, June 21, 2010

Module 4- Thesis Update

I'm very excited because I have found a character who I think will become a central figure in my thesis documentary. He is an old vaudeville comedian who used to perform with among others the singer Rosemary Clooney. For historical reference for some of you Rosemary Clooney was the aunt of an actor named George Clooney who I'm sure many of you are familiar with. Vaudeville, dates back to the 1860's, it was a combination of theater, singers, dancers, acrobats and comedians. It remained the focal point of American entertainment until talking movies phased it out in the 1930's.

The performer I found is the father of a friend of mine and he promises that he has tons of old photographs and programs that I can use as historical footage for my project. Right now I am doing my research so I can formulate the right questions to ask. Once that step is completed, I should be able to schedule my shoots. Time to turn this project from an idea into a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment